August 6, 2010

This morning when I went to take a shower, imagine my surprise to see the throw-up bucket, complete with HUMAN VOMIT, sitting in the bathtub. Weird. I had already asked Joey how she had slept, and she had had a peaceful night, so I was a little perplexed. Not that I suspected bandits or anything, it was just weird.

When I called to check in this afternoon, the mystery was solved. Apparently Zoe (who had gone to the fair yesterday with Joey, her Grammie and Grampie, numerous siblings, etc. etc.) had a dream that she was on a fair ride, and that made her sick, so she got up an threw up, and, knowing that she would get no sympathy from her parents went back to bed.

I have no idea how it is that the real rides did not make her sick, but the dream about the rides did make her sick.

This afternoon Grammie was a little too wiped out from the fair, so Joey gave her the night off from babysitting. I decided to take Zoe fishing since she hasn't got to go all summer.

Zoe had a little luck, landing two small pickerel, really not much bigger than minnows, but she was excited because she was doing it all, from casting to taking the fish off the hooks.

While it was no substitute for datenight, it was fun. Oh, and Joey's mom came over anyway and took Zach and Eleanor for a sleepover, which of course aggravated Emily to no end, seeing as she never gets to go to the pool or fair or anything. Or something.

1 comment:

Ashley Collins said...

Hahah poor Zoe. And I think you are underestimating the size of her fish ;)