February 3, 2007

Baby Update??

So . . . I am sick of waiting for Joey to have the baby.

Tonight I made my delicious black bean and rice festival of deliciousness as follows:

Cook a cup and a half of white rice in the rice cooker.

Brown 1 lb. of extra hot Italian sausage in a large sauce pan with a diced onion.

After the sausage and onion are browned, add one or two cans of Goya black bean soup and a diced bell pepper. Simmer about 20 minutes.

Mix the soup with rice and let sit for about 15 minutes. Eat it with lots of salt.

Fabulous!

Joey usually won't eat my cooking, but I promised her that if she tried eating the black beans and rice that the baby would bail out in no time. She is willing to try anything, so she did partake of the savory beans and rice.

Lo and behold, about 20 minutes later the baby starts freaking out, and 45 minutes later I asked Joey if she was having any contractions yet. She said "I don't know", which is a big change from the last week, when the answer has always been "No". So she can't tell if they are real contractions, or false labor, which she had a bit last time she was pregnant.

Now she is sleeping, so who knows?

No comments: