March 3, 2008

Obstacle of the Day?

Well, the day is still young . . .

In my continuing effort to disappoint as many people as possible, as often as possible, this morning instead of being in U.S. District Court for the District of Maine, for the sentencing of my client, I am instead here at home.

As I pulled out of the driveway after the bus this morning I heard an awful clunking and pulled over in the next driveway, suspecting a flat tire. It turned out to be a little more drastic than that.






I backed out of that driveway, and tried to drive up the hill, but it wouldn't go, so I put it into 4 wheel drive, and it still wouldn't go because the transfer case wouldn't lock in, so I let it roll back down the hill a little, and then the 4WD locked in and I was able to drive it back home.

Looking at the snow, I can see that the tire was flat before I ever left this morning, and when I turned the corner at the end of the driveway, I pulled the tire off the rim.

You can see (maybe) that the flat tire leaves ripples, or little hills. Here are two tracks, one is from driving the Yukon onto the flatbed, the other is from earlier this morning on the way to work.




The good news is that Scott, my tow truck operator (are you on a first name basis with your tow truck operator?) came over, so I am counting that as a home teaching visit for March.



Meanwhile, my client's wife is driving down from Canada only to find that the case has been continued to later in the week. You can't disappoint people much worse than that!

1 comment:

Kris said...

dude. That stinks. I'm sure you're not as disappointing as you think - maybe to the client from Canada... but not generally speaking! I'm sorry about the bad luck. I guess it could have been worse if the tire went off the rim somewhere else besides your driveway though!