January 2, 2015

Jail

I spend a lot of time in jail.  I have spent more time in jail than most of my clients. Jails are not very effective at treating mental health problems, or substance abuse. Today I went to see my client, but he was naked and screaming, so the guards didn't bring him out.  That's too bad because he is only looking at 7 days, and he's already done more than that, but a couple of weeks ago he quit taking his meds, so now he will spend months locked up while he is found competent, or not.

After failing to see my first client I drove an hour to Dover to see another client.  He is very polite and well spoken.  I have been dreading going up to see him, and I put it off as long as I could, but he was just happy to see me. He is in quite a bit of trouble, but we'll see how things turn out.

No comments: