January 4, 2015

So much for my New Year's Revolution

So last night I was going to write a post about how I had already done three posts in a row, and how that had exceeded my expectations, but then, I didn't post.  I totally met my expectations!  Now I predict that I will feebly type one more (apologetic) post next week, promising to do better, then nothing till next January.

I am really hoping to get in the habit of writing a little bit.  I am old.  I feel old.  I don't feel like I have a lot of time left, and that's fine with me.  I would, however, like to leave something behind for my kids or grandkids to read, to know a little about who I was and what I thought about.  I have a number of two or three page "personal histories" written by some of my forebears, and they are a treasure. I also have a lot of ancestors that left little or no trace behind.  I feel much less close to those people.  I hope what I have written, or will write, will be of some benefit to my descendants, if only to understand that everyone's life is a mix of fun and sorrow.

No comments: