May 12, 2007

Greetings from Camp Bravo!

I know that probably a lot of people who might be interested in what I have to say would be the same kind of people who have trouble reading, yet I haven't posted any pictures lately. Well, thats about to change.

Two weeks ago in an effort to get out of the house I took 80% of our children to an undisclosed location less than a day's walk away, and we began to set up a secure area to ride out TEOTWAWKI, you know, just in case. The location is completely invisible to multi spectral radar and satellite surveillance, thanks to the triple canopy jungle. My goal over the summer is to set up a base from which to launch black ops against "THE MAN". To that end we will be stocking food, NBC gear, and of course, lots and lots of ammo.

Here's some pictures of our adventures on the first trip.

Boomer, armed with the M-6, on sentry duty:



The proto-mess hall. The horizontal bar was from an old lean to I had set up in the past. Yes, Sqeezie is wearing a dress. Yes, it is pink.



There was a lot of branches on the ground, and a couple of inches of pine needles to rake up.



Here's what is looks like a week later:

Here is the mess hall after being cleaned up:



Here is the kitchen:



And the kids setting up the tent. They needed some help, but are getting the hang of it:





My dad had an extra tent. I have also inherited the gene that makes it nearly impossible to buy just one of anything. My heart tells me that if it worth buying, I might as well get a bunch. Dad saw a deal on tents, and bought two, even though he probably didn't even need one. He sent it out last fall, and so this was our first chance to learn how to set it up. Pretty Sweet!



Here's the view inside. Its plenty big for us five, and seems like it would hold the whole family.




Anyway, another fun day at Camp Bravo.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Yay for the photos! How fun is that. You guys are lucky to have Camp Bravo so close at hand. You are a fun dad.