May 13, 2007

You may wonder what it is like to be famous.

Let me tell you, its not all fun and games. The groupies can be tedious, to say the least. When people ask me if I happened to read the paper, I used to say "I only read the paper when I'm in it." Now I don't even read the paper when I'm in it. This past week I was in the Bangor Daily News not once but twice, and my face is plastered all over the phone book, inside and out.



(This is pretty handy if you are trying to cash a check and you don't have I.D.)

I've been quoted on Oxycontin abuse in the Boston Globe and the L.A. times, but until today, I never really felt famous. You know, like Paris Hilton famous.

What changed? Check it out. Do you know what this means? K-Lo reads EFM. Hugh Hewitt reads EFM. It would not surprise me if Willard Mitt Romney his own self occasionally checks out EFM. All I can say is I would make a freakin' awesome U.S. Attorney for the District of Maine. This is the best Mother's Day I could have hoped for. I'm going to go lay down now.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Matt, you're famous! And you're not exaggerating about the phone book...I've seen it!